Small businesses should benefit from a new direct marketing tool, launched today by the Royal Mail. MailshotMaker is a self service tool that should allow ‘small businesses to create their own professional, cost-effective mailshots’.
According to the Royal Mail, MailshotMaker will help small businesses execute mail marketing campaigns in three working days, from design to delivery at a customer’s door. The tool has been launched after research revealed that 69 per cent of UK small businesses prefer to develop and manage all their marketing in-house.
By contrast, only 16 per cent of small businesses prefer to rely solely on external agencies or providers for their marketing, with 15 per cent happy to use a mixture of external agencies and their in-house team to develop marketing for their business.
The features of the new online tool include:
- Three mailshot formats – A5 postcard, A4 letter and sealed-mailer
- A range of design templates and creative themes to suit different business needs
- Free-to-use image library of over 100 pictures and graphics, which will continue to be updated and expanded
- A free sample for each mailshot, enabling small businesses to see the quality of the mailer and the impact of their design before launching a campaign
- Expert tips embedded in the tool to guide throughout the process of designing a mailer and creating content, and how to encourage response
Jonathan Harman, Managing Director at Royal Mail MarketReach, said: “We wanted to break down misconceptions that mailshots can be old-fashioned, complicated or expensive. That is simply not the case. Mailshots can bring businesses to life in an engaging, impactful way. MailshotMaker is made for business people, be they the company owner or a marketing executive, who want a simple, fast and affordable solution to drive a positive response among consumers. It is designed to help businesses bring more customers through the door and ultimately generate more sales.”